If it's good enough for Salma....

"I have a farm and I love it there. There's really nothing to do there, but even watching the chickens, it's fun." ~ Salma Hayek

Friday, June 24, 2011

Chicken Updates

The "meat" birds are still here and growing like crazy! And, they're heavy. And ugly. I guess both reasons are why they are meat birds and not layers like my beautiful hens! It makes me feel better anyway. So, we decided not to ship them off in a week to my sister-in-law. Big D is working on something to get them out of the garage - they stink!! Another thing my ladies do not do!
Ok, in this picture, the Meats don't look that ugly. Just trust me. Plus, they are molting right now and that makes them even less cute!

But my ladies...my ladies are beautiful as usual. And, spoiled as usual. I love how they run to the door of their yard when they hear my voice outside. But, they will not go in at night for me, only Big D. They still love getting fresh-picked grass every day and love their yogurt. They also love Crispex and Wheat Chex cereal. They do not like green peppers or kiwi, but they do like berries of all kinds.

The Wyandottes are always the center of attention


They are feasting on clover I picked them at the berry farm.  Yes, while my family was picking berries, I was picking clover for the ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment