If it's good enough for Salma....

"I have a farm and I love it there. There's really nothing to do there, but even watching the chickens, it's fun." ~ Salma Hayek

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Berry Hard Work!

According to The Backyard Homestead aka the book that started it all, I need to plant fruit and nut trees and berry bushes to become self-sustaining. Big D and I are still "discussing" the fruit trees. He wants them, I don't want to have to pick up rotten fruit out of my yard every fall. I'm not even sure what to think about the nut trees, and honestly haven't done any research on what type of nut tree I could grow here (other than my own family "nut" tree of course!). But, today we got down to business with the berry bushes. We have a lot of wild berry bushes that grow along our wood line, but I wanted to plant some that would be easier to get at. So in the ground went three raspberry bushes and one blueberry bush.
Little D supervises while Big D digs the holes for the berry bushes.

He loves to water the plants...and himself...and Meep if she doesn't get out of the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment